Nigerpress Ad Policy
This policy applies to all of Nigerpress’s paid advertising products.
Advertisers on Nigerpress are responsible for their Nigerpress Ads. This means following all applicable laws and regulations, creating honest ads, and advertising safely and respectfully. This article describes our advertising policies. Our policies require you to follow the law, but they are not legal advice.
In addition to Nigerpress Ads Policies, advertisers must follow
Nigerpress’s Terms of Service, Nigerpress Rules, and all the policies on our Terms and Policies governing use of our services. Please take a moment to review them.
Prohibited Content Policies
Advertisements that violate any of the following policies are globally prohibited:
- Adult Sexual Content: Nigerpress prohibits the promotion of adult sexual content.
- Copyright: Nigerpress prohibits the advertising of copyright infringing content.
- Counterfeit Goods: Nigerpress prohibits the sale or promotion of sale of counterfeit goods on the Nigerpress.
- Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia: Nigerpress prohibits the promotion of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
- Endangered Species: Nigerpress prohibits the advertising of products derived from endangered species, as well as the sale of such species.
- Hateful Content: Nigerpress prohibits the promotion of hateful content.
- Illegal Products and Services: Nigerpress prohibits the advertising or promotion of products, services or activities considered illegal in a given jurisdiction.
- Inappropriate Content: Nigerpress prohibits the promotion of inappropriate content.
- Malware and Software Downloads: Nigerpress prohibits the advertising of malware products and has restrictions on software downloads that occur through the platform.
- Prohibited Content for Minors: Nigerpress prohibits knowingly marketing or advertising certain products and services to minors.
- Quality: To ensure that users have a positive experience on Nigerpress, advertisements must adhere to certain specific editorial guidelines.
- Tobacco and Tobacco Accessories: Nigerpress prohibits the promotion of tobacco products, accessories, and brands.
- Trademark: Nigerpress prohibits the advertising of trademark infringing content.
- Unacceptable Business Practices: Nigerpress prohibits the promotion of unacceptable business practices.
- Weapons and Weapon Accessories: Nigerpress prohibits the promotion of weapons and weapon accessories.
Restricted Content Policies
Nigerpress allows the promotion of products or services in the following categories with certain restrictions:
- Alcohol Content: Nigerpress restricts the promotion of online and offline sale of alcohol and general awareness of alcohol brands. Restrictions are based on the specific product or service being promoted, as well as the country or state that the campaign is targeting.
- Financial Products and Services: Nigerpress permits the promotion of financial services and related content with restrictions. Restrictions are based on the specific product or service being promoted, as well as the country or state that a campaign is targeting.
- Gambling Content: Nigerpress prohibits the promotion of gambling content, except for campaigns targeting specified countries where it is allowed with restrictions.
- Health and Pharmaceutical Products and Services: Nigerpress restricts the promotion of health and pharmaceutical products and services. Restrictions are based on the specific product or service being promoted, as well as the country or state that the campaign is targeting.
- Political Content: Nigerpress permits political advertising which includes political campaigning and issue advertising but there may be additional country level restrictions. In addition to Nigerpress Ads policies, all political content advertisers must comply with applicable laws regarding disclosure and content requirements, eligibility restrictions, and blackout dates for the countries or states where they advertise.
Note: Certain industries and trade associations have their own self-regulatory codes for advertising and marketing. Advertisers on Nigerpress who are members of these associations should refer to these codes, in addition to Nigerpress’s policies, for guidance on appropriate advertising practices.
Nigerpress Ads Offboarding
Nigerpress follows processes and principles when removing advertisers from the Nigerpress Ads platform. We call this process “offboarding”, and we strive to make it as transparent and seamless as possible for everyone involved.